If you are want to sign in to your Asus wireless router to make some changes in settings then you can do this by visiting router.asus.com. This is the configuration page of the Asus router and it can only be visited if you are connected to the Asus network.
Steps for Asus Router Login
- Connect your modem to the Asus wireless router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer to the Asus router. This can also be done over wifi.
- Open up an internet browser and type http://router.asus.com in the address bar.
- Enter the default login details in the required fields. Type admin in the username and password field.
- You will now reach onto the configuration utility of the Asus wireless router. You can now set up or configure the network as per your preference.
Asus Firmware Update
Asus regularly releases new firmware to keep their router up to date and to keep the security of their device enhanced. The Asus firmware upgrade takes only a couple of minutes. You need to download the latest firmware file for your Asus router by visiting the Asus website. Save the downloaded file on your computer and follow the below-given steps to complete the process.
- Open the web interface of the Asus wireless router by typing the web address http://router.asus.com
- Click on the ‘Admin’ tab on the main menu and select the ‘Firmware Update’ option.
- Click the ‘Choose’ file and search and select the previously downloaded file. Now, select the ‘Upload’ button.
- The Asus firmware upgrade process will start.
In case, you have lost the Asus login password or you are getting some issue with your Asus device then you will have to restore the default settings of your device. After restoring the default settings, you can reconfigure the Asus network by using the web address http://router.asus.com. The following steps will help you reset your Asus router.
Reset using the web interface
First, access the web-interface of the Asus wireless router using the default web address and login credentials. On the Asus router setup page, go to the ‘Administration’ section and click on ‘Reset’ option. Click ‘yes’ to restore the default settings. The reset process will begin
automatically. Once done, your Asus device reboots. Now, you can sign in using the default login credentials and reconfigure the settings.
Reset using the reset button
You will need a paperclip or a needle. Now, locate the reset button and hold the pin in your hand to press the reset key for a few seconds. Release the button and wait for your Asus wireless router to reboot.
Now, you can do your Asus reconfiguration. This is beneficial when you don’t remember the login password for your Asus wireless router. After restoring the default settings, you can sign into the Asus router setup page using the default login details and make the configuration.