The Asus RT-AC68U setup is a little complicated task if you perform it through the web interface. But here’s a catch! To resolve this complexity, Asus has finally launched a mobile app that will support its users in the setup and configuration process.
The Asus Router app is a mobile application, which is dedicated to only Asus WiFi routers. The app helps you configure your wireless router and manage its wireless settings with a few taps of the fingers. You just have to download the app on your smartphone or tablet and follow the in-app instructions to finalize the settings of your Asus router.
No more learning IP addresses and configuration steps to go about the Asus RT-AC68U setup and installation. The whole Asus router setup and configuration can be performed via the Asus Router app. In this post, we will discuss the Asus router setup and the Asus RT-AC68U firmware update process.
Asus RT-AC68U Setup and Configuration
If you already have the Asus Router app on your smartphone, directly start with the steps. If you don’t have the Asus Router app on your smartphone or tablet, kindly download it. You can get the Asus app from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Once you download the Asus Router app on your device, open the app.
- Firstly, tap Setup, and then allow a few permissions to the Asus Router app.
- Secondly, tap Asus router setup and you will be navigated to the Asus RT-AC68U setup wizard.
- After that, the app will try to detect the internet connection type on your network.
- If you want to go through the manual setup, you need to enter the PPPoE username and password of your service provider.
- Thereafter, make sure you set up the WiFi settings of your router in the best way possible.
- Assign a Network Name and Network Key to the Asus router’s WiFi network.
- At last, the Asus Router app will prompt you to set up the Asus router login username and password.
- Please do not use any special characters in the username and password.
- Finalize the settings and the Asus router setup will be completed.
Bonus tip – Once you complete the Asus RT-AC68U setup, it is important that you go about the Asus RT-AC68U firmware update. The firmware update will make sure your router is in a healthy yet optimized state.
Asus RT-AC68U Firmware Update
To update the firmware of your Asus wireless router, you can use the Asus Router app. You can also go to the web interface of your router using the default URL router.asus.com. We are discussing the firmware update through the Asus Router app.
- Firstly, open the Asus Router app and locate the gear-like icon on the bottom right.
- Tap Settings and then tap Firmware Update.
- After that, follow the in-app instructions to upgrade your router’s firmware.
- Make sure you do not turn off your router in the middle of the asus firmware update.
- Once the Asus RT-AC68U firmware update finishes, you can reconnect to the network and cross-check whether the internet and network are stable.
This post was all about the Asus RT-AC68U setup and installation. We also discussed the steps to update your Asus wireless router’s firmware. We hope you liked this setup guide and it helped you in the best way possible. Kindly reach out to our support team for further assistance if you face any issues with your Asus wireless router.