Asus RT-AC86U router setup and installation is easy with the help of the Asus Router app. The app allows you to go about the Asus router setup and configuration without any jargon. The app offers you a lot of flexibility, convenience, and ease in setting up your Asus gaming router. The in-app instructions and steps are very easy and can be understood by even a teenage user.
The Asus Router app lets you see the connected devices, configure parental controls and MAC filtration, change Asus router default password, and update the firmware of your router. Moreover, there are additional features that you can access once you set up your router using the app.
If you want to learn how to go about the Asus RT-AC86U router setup, you’re on the right page. We will talk more about the Asus Router app and walk you through the steps to perform the Asus router setup.
What is the Asus Router app?
The Asus Router app gets you the power to manage your wireless network in just a few taps. You can remotely access your device through the app and modify the settings without any hassle. To have the best yet seamless WiFi experience, you should always configure your Asus router using the app. The Asus Router app is there on the Google Play Store and the App Store as well. The app offers you a lot more convenience and ease to manage your router settings than the web interface that can be accessed through the default URL router.asus.com.
Asus RT-AC86U router setup via the Asus Router app
- Firstly, go through the physical setup.
- Pair your Asus router with the modem using an ethernet cable.
- After that, connect your mobile to the default network of the Asus router.
- Get the Asus Router app on your mobile and launch it.
- Thereafter, open the app and tap Setup.
- Allow some of the permissions to the Asus Router app and choose the Asus Wireless Router option.
- Tap Start and you will reach the ISP Information Setting page.
- Tap Next and put down the PPPoE username and password.
- After that, set up a Network Name and Network Key for your WiFi network. Tap Next afterward.
- Set up the login credentials of your Asus router and finalize the settings.
- Finally, the Asus router setup will complete in the end.
It is important that you look for the latest firmware upgrade available on your router. You need to log in to the router using the Asus Router app. Go to the Firmware Update page and follow the in-app instructions.
Now that you have completed the Asus RT-AC86U router setup, you can run an internet connectivity test to cross-check the connectivity and speed. We hope you liked this post and that we were able to assist you in setting up your Asus router. If you come across any issues while going through the Asus router setup, kindly reach out to us for any help.