The Asus RT-AX58U setup with your existing modem is what you will learn in this post. Basically, the Asus router setup is all about configuring your device with the modem in order to hook up to the internet service. It is important that you have a working modem at your home or else you won’t be able to set up your new Asus wireless router.
When you buy a new Asus wireless router, you get a lot of things in the box. Ensure that you keep your router’s Ethernet, power cable, and antennas by your side. All these things will be used while setting up the router.
So let’s start with this post to discuss the Asus router setup and configuration.
Asus RT-AX58U Setup: Preparation and how to
In this section, we will talk about the two main things related to the Asus router setup, which are how to prepare for the setup and how to perform the main setup steps.
- Attach the supplied antennas with your router.
- You can refer to the product manual to learn about the attachments
- Place your router nearby the modem
- Attach the power cable to the router and plug it into a power outlet
- Take the supplied network cable and connect your router to the modem
- Make sure you turn On both the router and the modem to proceed with the Asus RT-AX58U setup.
How to Setup the Asus Router
- Firstly, download and install the Asus Router app on your mobile.
- The mobile application can be downloaded from the Play Store and App Store.
- After that, open the application on your device.
- You will see the welcome screen. The app will ask for some permissions.
- Make sure you allow all the permissions.
- After that, select the device you wish to set up. In this case, it will be an Asus router.
- Select Asus router from the options and you will navigate to the Asus router setup page.
- The mobile app will ask you to detect the internet connection settings on your network.
- Either you can do that using an automatic method or a manual method.
- Thereafter, configure the WiFi settings of your device.
- Make sure you place a checkmark on the “Separate 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi networks” box.
- Finalize the settings of your router.
- At last, the Asus Router app will prompt you to set up a router password and username.
NOTE: Make sure you also note down it on sticky notes to avoid forgetting the password and username.
- Finally, the router will reboot to make new changes. After that, you can reconnect to the network and use it as normal.
This page was all about the Asus RT-AX58U setup using the Asus Router mobile app. Although we discussed the Asus router setup process using the app, you can also set up your device using the web interface. To set up your device using the web interface, you can use the default Asus router login address router.asus.com.
If you face any issues or come across any queries, make sure you reach out to us for more assistance.