The Asus RT-AC66U is a smart wifi device that is also a high performance wifi router. And in addition to that, it is made of very smart design and that makes it very easy to set up without any hassle. For a smooth asus router setup, you can follow the steps below. But before you begin the setup, you need to make the following tools ready.
- A computer
- Ethernet cable
- Asus RT-AC66U router
Quick Guide on How to Setup the Asus RT-AC66U
Now that all the prerequisites have been made ready, you can follow the step by step instruction below.
- First and foremost, unpack your Asus package and attach the antennas that are there in the package. This antennas allow the network range to circulate around the whole house
- The next thing to do is to plug in your Asus router into the an electric outlet to power it on
- Afterward, you have to make a connection between the modem and the Asus router. Using your ethernet cable, insert one end into the modem and the other end into the Asus router.
- Next, you have to connect your computer to your Asus router network. So to do that, you have to use an ethernet cable to make the connection. Just like the connection for the router and the modem, you have to repeat the same pattern. Insert both ends of the ethernet cable into both devices.
- Note that if you are unable to use an ethernet cable, you can opt for the wireless connection and that will automatically take you to the asus router setup page.
- Subsequently, you have to open your computer and launch the browser. In the Web Address bar of your browser, type in the default IP address http://192.168.1.1. Then press “Enter” on the keyboard.
- Now on the setup page, the first thing that you have to do is to set up the username and password for your router. Note that when you are typing in these details, you can note them down somewhere because you will need them to login for future activities.
- Once you have set the username and password, select “Okay” and “Next”.
- Next, you have to wait for a while and your router will search for your “Connection Type”
- Subsequently, when your network has been detected, you now have to set the network name also called SSID. This time, you can either choose to name both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks the same SSID or you can name them separately.
- By the time you assign a new name and password, your connection will be disconnected. All you have to do is reconnect from the wifi settings of your computer.
Setup ASUS RT-AC66U Vai Asus Router App
Yet, there is another way for you to set up your Asus router easily. Using the Asus App is very simple because it is designed to be user friendly. Which means you can easily complete the setup with clarity.
- Firstly, you have to download the Asus router app. You can download it from the Google PlayStore or from the Apple store.
- Next, you will connect your phone to the network of your router. Go to the wifi settings on your smartphone, enable it and connect to it.
- Launch the Asus App and select “Setup”
- Afterward, select “Asus Router” and then select “Allow” so that you can continue to the setup page
- On the next page, select “Start”
- Now, you have to select your internet type and select “Next”
- Finally, to complete the setup ASUS RT-AC66U, you follow the onscreen instructions carefully.