How to log in to Asus router?
Default router IPs| Username| Password| Web Address
When looking to get through the Asus router login page, having access to some vital details is important. These may include-
- The Asus router login web address/IP address
Web address: https://www.router.asus.com
IP address: https://192.168.0.1
- The admin password and username
Password: admin/ password
- PPPoE username and password in case of a DSL connection
(Obtain these details from your ISP(Internet Service Provider))
You would also need some equipment like-
- Ethernet cable(s)
- DSL MODEM
Now, once you have got hold of the details mentioned above, you can proceed with the login process.
Log in to Asus router
The steps to log in to your Asus router device begins with the hardware installation process. You can begin with making the wired connections between your router, MODEM, and more wireless devices. Here are some easy steps you can follow:
- Connect your Modem to the DSL line. Use an ethernet cable to connect the MODEM to the Asus router.
- Plug one end of the ethernet cable into the router’s LAN port and the other to the LAN port on the MODEM.
- Next, connect the power cords and plug the power adapters in the power socket. Turn on the power supply. Allow the devices to power up and come to a normal functioning state. You’ll see the LEDs light up and turn solid.
Accessing the Asus Router login page
- Open the Wireless Networks page on your computer/smartphone and look for the network SSID of the Asus router. Once you see it, select it and then click on the Connect button.
- If you are using a wired connection between the router and the computer, you can skip this step.
- Once your device has connected to the router network, launch a web browser, and in the address bar, type http://www.router.asus.com and press “Enter”. You can also use the IP address i.e. https://192.168.0.1
- You will be directed to the Asus router login page now. The username and password fields will be visible on the page.
- Type the login credentials into their respective fields and then click on the Login button. You can use the default login credentials as discussed earlier. Use “admin” as the default username and “password” as the default password.
- Once you click on the Login button, you will reach the Asus router setup wizard.
You can now proceed with the on-page instructions as they appear to configure the router network settings and modify the features to your preference.
Unable to log in to Asus router? Here’s some information to help you out!
Resolve common issues with the Asus router login page easily
While you are following the steps to log in to Asus router correctly, you may face issues that might stop you from accessing the internet. These can be due to varied reasons out of your control. Identifying the core reason is key to resolving them in no time.
Asus router login - Reasons for common issues
- Using an incorrect web address/IP address
- Improper wired connections/Not connected to the correct network
- Forgotten/Lost password
Not connected to the local router network
- If you are not connected to the local router network, you won’t be able to access the Asus router login page. This is because, the login page is based on the local device server. Accessing the same requires you to connect to the router device either wirelessly or using a wired connection. Check if the network you see you are connected to is the one you are looking to set up. If not, disconnect and connect to the correct router network.
- Furthermore, also inspect the network cables that you are using to make connections between your devices. It is possible that you are facing issues due to loose cable connections. Reconnect the cable firmly so they are not loose anymore.
Using an incorrect web address
- If you are using an incorrect web address, it will likely direct you to some other website or give you an error. If you think you are using an incorrect web address, you can use “https://router.asus.com” or simply a default IP address “192.168.1.1” and press the “Enter” key. You can copy the same and use it as it is in the address bar of your web browser.
- Also, check if the IP address that you are using is the correct one or not. Open the command prompt on your system, type “ipconfig”, and press the Enter key. The window will display all the details including the IP address and the MAC ID. You can use this IP address to access the Asus router login page from now on.
- In order to access the Asus login page and proceed with the network configuration, you will need access to the default login password. If you have forgotten the password or the password isn’t working, you’ll need to reset the same.
- Now, if it’s a network password, you can change it easily. But, if it’s the admin password, you’ll need to RESET your device. To change the network password, simply log in through the admin panel and change the password from the Network Settings screen. Save the changes and reconnect your devices with the network to keep working.
- To reset the admin password, locate the RESET button at the back of the router. Press and hold the same for about 10 seconds and until the router device restarts itself. You’ll know when to release the RESET button once the LEDs on the front panel flash. Allow the router to restart itself and reconfigure the same once it does.